It is only November 23 and I have made this recipe three separate times, and each time, it has been completely devoured by the group. This recipe is just THAT delicious! It is a delicious, hormone-healthy holiday recipe, and luteal-phase recipe thanks to the complex carbohydrates. I recommend having this delicious recipe alongside a complete protein and healthy fat. It is also sweet enough to have as a dessert after dinner!
I found this recipe and adapted it from here.
- 1. 5 cups organic, gluten-free oatmeal (blended into flour)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/5 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain, sugar-free almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
1. Combine the wet ingredients in one bowl, and in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
2. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Heat your oven to 375 degrees F.
4. Coat a glass or stainless steel baking dish with grass-fed ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Pro-tip: Take my organic herbal bitters beforehand to optimize digestion, nutrient absorption, and to prevent gas and bloating.