Homemade Cacao Marshmallows - Gut and Hormone Healthy
- 1 tbsp marshmallow root powder
- 1 cup organic pure maple syrup - honey works too! Just know that heating honey damages the beneficial enzymes.
- 1 cup filtered or spring water
- ¼ cup grass-fed + finished gelatin powder
- Fresh vanilla or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Dash of cinnamon (optional!)
- First, combine your cup of filtered or spring water and marshmallow root powder in a pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Let sit and cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain the marshmallow tea. Put 1/2 cup of the tea in a blender and the other 1/2 cup back in the pot.
- In the pot, add and combine the maple syrup, vanilla, cacao, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and stir constantly, for 5 minutes.
- In the blender, add in the gelatin to the marshmallow tea and blend on high for 5 minutes.
- Transfer your honey mixture to the blender. Blend all together for 10-15 minutes, or until you see the mixture has become very thick and gel-like.
- Transfer this to one of the following: a coconut oil lined glass pan or tupperware, a parchment paper lined glass pan or tupperware, or into a silicone mold.
- Let this sit on your counter overnight.
- In the morning, you will be able to slice your marshmallows into cubes and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container, preferably glass, on your counter top. They will stay good for about 3 weeks!