7 Tips for Amazing Sleep
Most of us are not sleeping enough, and if you have sleep problems, it could be your hormones. According to data from the Sleep Foundation, around 35.2% of people sleep for less than 7 hours per day, which is the bare minimum needed for an overall vitalized mind and body. If you keep reading, you’ll learn about the value of sleep, its benefits, and more importantly, you’ll be able to incorporate 7 easy-to-follow Tips for Amazing Sleep.
Sleep is essential as it is when our mind does the bulk of its detoxification and repair. If we don’t sleep well at night, our day is going to be that much harder because all cognitive and physical activity relies on deep rest.
After seeing the gap in sleep quality for my clients and the many women I have met throughout my life, and after struggling with my own sleep issues for years, I knew it was time to start researching, growing, and formulating my own organic herbal sleep remedy.
I have developed a powerful medicinal remedy that will give you the best and most restful sleep you’ve ever had. SLEEPY has been formulated with organic, ethically grown and wildcrafted herbs, such as Ashwagandha and chamomile, among others.
Why Can’t You Sleep For 8 Hours Straight?
Now that you have the solution (get SLEEPY NOW!), let's talk about what's causing sleep difficulties. There are various potential underlying reasons for sleep issues, but the biggest ones I see in and out of my private wellness practice are stress and hormones. Many women and menstruators experience sleep difficulties right before their period, and on their period, after a normal but large dip in progesterone levels.
Mood and energy changes are an important consideration in pre-period sleep issues. PMS might cause stress and low mood, both of which are associated with sleeping problems. Moreover, these mood changes could negatively impact a woman’s perception of the difficulty when falling asleep.
Nonetheless, there’s hope! PMS has over 160 symptoms, but a proper nutritional balance and lifestyle changes, combined with herbal remedies for PMS will definitely help you get your life back on track.
Moreover, here at PLH, we have developed a new remedy that will help you deal with sleep difficulties, reproductive health, digestive conditions, immune support, and joint pain. Say hello to SLEEPY!
Why Is Sleep So Important For Our Bodies?
Sleep is an essential part of life. It’s the time when our bodies and minds can rest, recover, and refresh. Unfortunately, many of us struggle to get the quality and quantity of sleep that our bodies need for optimal health. If you’re one of these people, don’t worry – there are many practical tips that you can use to improve your sleep experience.
When you sleep, your brain and body can physically and emotionally regenerate. This means that your brain is able to make new connections and your body can repair any damage that has been done while you were awake. Sleep is essential for your general well-being, as it allows your body to invigorate, it removes any toxins from your body, and it provides a way for your mind to process emotions and sharpen your physical reflexes, fine motor skills, and judgment.
As I said before, sleep is crucial. It is as pivotal as eating and exercising for your health. There are four sleep stages, and each stage has a specific purpose. Deep sleep is the repairing and restorative sleep that is necessary to feel your best each day, such as regulating glucose metabolism, and cognitive function & memory. So, how do you achieve an amazing sleep every night?
From setting a consistent sleep schedule to avoiding screens before bed, the following 7 practical tips can help you achieve amazing sleep every night. With consistent effort, you can create the ideal sleep environment and enjoy all the benefits that quality rest can bring. So, don’t wait any longer – take charge of your sleep and start enjoying the benefits of amazing sleep every night!
7 Tips for AMAZING Sleep!
Let’s get into my favorite tips to reduce stress & how to optimize sleep.
- Limit caffeine consumption throughout the day - Since caffeine has a half life of 6 hours, drinking your caffeine (if consuming at all) before 10 am, and on a full-stomach, will support blood glucose levels, energy, and mood throughout the day and promote sleep at night.
- Eat dinner 2-3 hours before bed - This way, your body will not be running on the extra energy needed for digestion while you are trying to wind down and go to sleep.
- Mindfulness exercises - Doing simple mindfulness exercises can help you to be present in the current moment & avoid all of the stress arising from past and future events.
- Reduce Screen Exposure - Especially the 1-2 hours before bed. I recommend turning off all screens and blue light and using candlelight / red light.
- Have a relaxing bedtime routine - This will support your body and mind in getting to sleep easier and staying asleep. Practice nervous system regulation, vagal toning, stretching/foam rolling, or just cozy up with some tea and a book that you love!
- Sleep schedule - I recommend getting in bed by 10 pm and sleeping for 8-9 hours, as you need. Remember, your sleep requirements may shift throughout your menstrual cycle and this is OK!
- Take herbal medicine, like Sleepy: Get Sleepy Now!
Sleepy is a powerful remedy that contains 7 herbs that have been studied and consumed to support stress levels and healthy sleep.
To continue to support your hormone and period health, continue to read our blog posts, listen to our podcasts, and check out our organic herbal remedies for liver health and detoxification, gut health, hormone health, and more!
- Supports your nervous system and encourages a sense of calm.
- Encourages deep, restful sleep.
- Contains a relaxing blend of Lavender, Chamomile, Passionflower, Valerian, and Ashwagandha.
- Certified USDA Organic