How to keep your hormones healthy while traveling
Hello goddess! I am guessing that your are here because you are traveling soon and you are wanting to stay on top of your hormone health and total body wellness. Well, you have come to the right place!
To listen to my podcast episode on this, listen here!
The environment and food changes that come with traveling can make digestion a bit challenging. But here are a few of my favorite tips, ones that I follow myself, in order to maintain balance within my body (and therefore prevent PMS / any hormone imbalance!).
- Address stress as it precedes 90% of dis-ease of the body.
- Meditation (even if it is just for 5 minutes!)
- Saying NO when needed to protect your energy.
- Take deep breaths and remember that everything is temporary.
- Be present and practice gratitude because that stuff WORKS WONDERS!
- Prioritize your sleep and make sure to stick to your normal schedule. I recommend getting in bed by 10 pm and sleeping 8 hours (9 if you are in your luteal/menstrual phase and are in need of more sleep!)
- Nourish your body with 3, blood-sugar-balancing meals a day. Include anti-inflammatory foods such as cruciferous vegetables and antioxidant-rich greens. Try your best to refrain from snacking all day long and give your digestive system a break between meals for 3.5-4 hours.
- Pack your supplements!
- This is easy as heck to do! Make sure to pack your hormone-healthy herbs, Soothe, to keep everything happy and balanced and to keep PMS away!
- Hydrate with filtered water.
- If you are unsure of your access to filtered water, pack a filtered water bottle such as Berkey / Britta / or Clearly Filtered