Beet pancakes for your period🥰🩸
Hello queens! I am on my period right now, so I am going to make this short and sweet so that I can take time to rest and take care of myself. I recommend that you all do the same!
This recipe is as delicious as it is nourishing. Beets are one of my favorite root vegetables that are so incredibly beneficial for your gut health, you liver health, and total well-being.
A few benefits of beets:
- High in gut-healthy fiber
- A source of unique phytochemicals, betalains
- Great source of potassium
•2 medium beets, steamed
•1 C chickpea flour
•1/2 cup oat flour
•1/2 tbsp curry spice
•1/2 tsp salt or to taste
•filtered water to thin
1. After washing and steaming your beats, transfer into a food processor and blend into a paste.
2. Add in your remaining ingredients, minus the avocado oil, and continue to blend together into your batter. I recommend adding only 1/4 a cup of water at a time.
3. Heat a nontoxic pan with avocado oil or avocado oil spray on medium-low heat. If you are using spray, make sure that there are no added ingredients. Pour a little bit of the batter in the middle of the pan and spread out into a pancake shape. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
4. Pair with protein, such as poached eggs, fruit for prebiotic fiber and nutrients, and a healthy fat, such a a phase-friendly nut or seed butter, or avocado!
For more hormone-healthy recipes, make sure to sign up for our emails & texts! To learn more about our organic herbal remedies for hormone health, click here!
A great research article on functional properties of beetroot.